Celebrating the cooperative movement and the 8 graduating co-ops of the Start.coop 2022 Accelerator About this event It’s time to
Celebrating the cooperative movement and the 8 graduating co-ops of the Start.coop 2022 Accelerator
About this event
It’s time to get together and celebrate the 18 entrepreneurs and 8 businesses graduating from the 2022 Start.coop accelerator, the resilience of our community as we emerge from the pandemic, and all the amazing things happening in the co-op world right now.
Join Start.coop Wednesday, June 22nd for an online, choose-your-own-adventure celebration in which you’ll have the chance to hear from three graduating co-ops of your choice.
The graduates of this year’s Start.coop accelerator program are at the forefront of the cooperative movement and are building shared-owned businesses all across the economy:
- ?? Guilded builds gig/contract workers’ economic and political power through a freelancer cooperative platform that provides income smoothing, contract payment-guarantees and workers benefits.
- ☀️ Navajo Power Home is a solar service provider for off-grid homes on Navajo and Hopi lands. The co-op is a joint venture between Navajo Power and Iluméxico and will be owned by the Native families it serves.
- ? Novlr is the platform for creative writing: empowering writers to produce better work, build a readership and earn from their words.
- ? Radish Cooperative is an online food delivery platform owned by its workers and the consumers, couriers, and restaurants it serves.
- ? SMAT is a tech platform that democratizes access to threat intelligence by providing easy-to-use tools for activists, journalists, researchers and the public to analyze and visualize hate and disinformation online.
- ? StyleCrush is a member-owned online resale market offering an easy and sustainable alternative to fast fashion by filtering the endless volume of secondhand clothes into hyper relevant, personalized mini-collections.
- ?️ The Guild is a Black and Brown-led cooperative that seeds, develops, and scales cooperative real estate models supporting marginalized communities to build power, wealth, and self-determination through collective land ownership.
- ?️ The Nearness is an online spiritual home for people seeking moral and spiritual learning, growth, and connection who are tired of old-school religion and want a new kind of ballast for their lives.
We look forward to celebrating with you!
This event is free and open to the public but we are a small nonprofit that relies on donations to do our work. You can support the work of Start.coop by making a tax deductible donation to help cultivate the next generation of cooperatives with ambitions for scale.
[Details are from start.coop’s eventbrite page]
(Wednesday) 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm EDT